Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peach Habanero Pie

Today is one of my MANY recipe testing afternoons. Ive been hard at work crossing every T, and dotting every I. My new obsession has been peppers. I like spicy cocktails, spicy food, and why not spicy dessert? With beautiful peaches in season, it was a no brainer.
  While the pie is cooling on a baking rack, I'm full of nerves. Did I get it right? will this recipe be the one I stick with. And my biggest fear...did I use too many peppers? We will find out in a few hours, after the pie has cooled and settled.  This might be genius, or a total pie fail. I must admit, some of my crust melted off the pie. Totally my fault. Usually I stick my uncooked pie in the freezer to cool down the crust, so when it hits the heat in the oven it holds it's shape. But being the impatient person I am, I pulled it from the freezer far too early. Ah well, nobody bought it. It's just for me to enjoy.


On to the next! In the oven cooking away while the peach is cooling, is my Carrot Pie. This is not as much of an experiment. It's a sweet pie, like a squash pie, but with grated carrots instead. Today's plan also includes my BlueRibbon Blueberry Rhubarb, and my Onion Citrus preserves. The onions have been sitting in a bowl sweating for hours. Maybe at some point I'll actually get to eat lunch or dinner.
 
UPDATE!! Way too many peppers! but still delicious. Next one will be a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment