Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games Inspiration Shoot

Well things are getting pretty exciting over here a Pickles and Pies. We were a part of not one, but TWO photo shoots that were just featured on Style Me Pretty. We could not be more excited. I feel so official!

Stacie Shea called me from Stacie Shea Events, and asked me to be a part of this amazing shoot based on The Hunger Games. The photographer Carmen Santorelli was amazing to work with, as was the whole group of vendors it took to pull off such a wonderful day. There is honestly nothing better than being in a project with people who are pros.
  We spent the day at a private residence Horsefly Farm in New Salem New York. The drive up was stunning. I'm so in love with the east coast. Driving and exploring a town that was settled in the early 1700's and where many Revolutionary War battles were fought. It was horse country, you could throw a rock and hit a farm or stable. I was in heaven.

This shoot was great for many reasons, but for me, it was a turning point in my life. I know that sounds a little dramatic for a photo shoot but it's true. My identity and who I have always been down to my core is a singer and performer. It has been my single focus almost my whole life. I NEVER thought there would be a time in my life that I wouldn't be that person. Or that I would ever do anything else! But there were things and ideas creatively that I just couldn't shake. And I started to think less about auditioning, or missing the stage. And there were suddenly less days I would wake up and worry about whether my voice was in good shape today. In some ways it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I finally gave myself permission to pursue other passions and interests. And I need to put an stress on "gave myself permission" You have no idea how hard it is to let go of a single drive and focus. The life of theater is mostly torture. And we mostly do it to ourselves.  But this month has been huge for me. It has taught me about letting go a bit, trust my instincts and that when windows close, doors will open. Thank You all for your continued support of me and my new adventure.  Now when people say..."What do you do?" I can say with confidence. "I own a small business, and I bake killer pies".

Enjoy The shoot, and check out all the talented vendors.






















Also check out the STUNNING video of how the day came together. http://vimeo.com/39050184

Film - Matt Fink - dmofilms.com
Planner - Stacie Shea - staciesheaevents.com
Photo - Carmen Santorelli - carmensantorelliphotography.com
Female Model - Flavia Barbat - wix.com/intlintrigue/model
Male Model - Randall Harris - clickmodel.com
Makeup and Hair - Erica Ogawa -
ericaogawa.com
Dresses - Gabriella’s New York and Kleinfelds
Floral - Lori Meigel - avaflora.com/
Paper - Jessica Ulrich - mjpaperie.com/
Pies - Erin Crosby - picklesandpies.com/Home.html
Cakes - Lisa - sweetlisas.com/index.html
Vintage Rentals - Stacie Shea -
thevintagerentalco.com
Music Licensed through songfreedom.com

2 comments:

  1. That sixth pic with the raspberries in the middle of it all is my FAVORITE. Your food looks incredible! Bravo my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Way to trust your instincts and go for it!

    ReplyDelete