Monday, July 1, 2013

Pickles and Pies had a BIG week.

Hello P&P Friends!

It's been a bit since my last posting, but we have lots of fun and exciting things coming your way over the coming month.
We recently hosted a fabulous bridal shower that was accepted into publication and I'm so excited to be able to share those pictures with you as soon as it's available. I collaborated with the AMAZING photographer Caroline Frost , so it's going to be pretty fabulous. Here is a sneak peak:


 We have two gorgeous weddings coming up. Both completely opposite is style which is exciting and an artistic challenge to constantly switch gears in a day. One is a classic deco inspired wedding the other is a moss covered woodsy barn affair.

But...the really BIG NEWS is that our pies were just featured in the NEW YORK TIMES!!  It's been quite a whirlwind. It's so exciting to see myself in print. It feels so official! Here's the link to check it out. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/03/dining/reviews/with-pies-beauty-is-more-than-crust-deep.html?ref=dining
Here is the photo gallery where you can see my Strawberry Plum Blueberry Pie http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2013/07/03/dining/20130703-HUNGRY.html?_r=0#1

This week has also brought up a few questions from people and old friends(otherwise known as your Facebook life). "Erin, I'm confused. What exactly do you do? Pies or weddings"?Look, I know it might be confusing because most people think of a job being one specific thing that can put you in a singular category. I've created my own category and its that simple. We don't question Martha Stewart when her job entails a million things. My company is about being creative. Styling, baking, crafting, planning, catering and putting together pretty flowers.
  Imagine if you could make your living doing every single thing that you consider a hobby. Would you do it? Could you do it? It's a challenge sure, but what a way to spend your days. One of the BEST pieces of advice I ever got was from one of my favorite acting teachers. And I feel like it can apply to everyone. "If you can't find work, make your own". Or I can take it further, "if you don't like your work, change it". Life is too short to not be doing the things in our life that make us happy.

Until next time friends. Please remember to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.

xo--Erin

1 comment: